Emergency Services Crisis Hotline
Toll Free (888) 771-5503
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Restraining Order Services
Portland Public Schools Student Hotline
Home Free's Mission
To assist adults and children surviving domestic and sexual violence to move not just toward safety, but toward freedom and all that the word home suggests.
Statement of Commitment
Volunteers of America Oregon’s Home Free acknowledges that the effects of racism and discrimination dramatically and negatively impact a survivor’s experience of domestic violence. We recognize and value survivors from Communities of Color, and we commit to providing services that honor each person’s unique experience. We actively seek to create an environment that is open, welcoming and respectful.
Our programs provide long-term, post-crisis support designed to prevent victims from having to return to an abusive home. Our commitment to reaching survivors means mobile, active advocacy that reduces the barriers to domestic violence support services. All of our services are free, flexible, and individualized, and driven by survivors’ needs and goals.
- Violence against women and children is a violation of the most basic of human rights and is deeply rooted in our society.
- We work to dismantle oppressions and promote social justice through activism and advocacy.
- We value inclusiveness and seek staff and partnerships that bring diverse views, experiences, and cultural lenses into the work of our program.
- Our work is grounded in relationships and practices that honor healing, ethical communication, and shared power.
- As the experts in their own lives, survivors’ voices must always guide our work.