Join VOA’s mission as an on-going volunteer and experience the sense of belonging and exhilaration that comes from connecting to others committed to making change in their lives and communities!
Your commitment will enable you to:
BUILD LIFE-CHANGING RELATIONSHIPS WITH VULNERABLE COMMUNITY MEMBERS
MAKE A DIRECT IMPACT ON CRUCIAL SOCIAL ISSUES
GAIN DIRECT EXPERIENCE WITH A BROAD RANGE OF HUMAN SERVICES
LEARN FROM A DIVERSE PROFESSIONAL STAFF
How do you see yourself getting involved?
CHILDREN AND FAMILY
- Help young children grow at our Family Relief Nursery
- Tutor/mentor children and young adults
- Support domestic violence survivors
- Be a comfort, a companion and an inspiration at our Adult Day Centers
TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION SERVICES
- Support those rebuilding their lives after addiction or incarceration
- Interact with and mentor clients
- Provide support to participants
- Development and fundraising
- Accounting and finance
- Marketing and communications
- Volunteer Services
We welcome interns at our programs. If you are studying one of these areas contact us to learn more about opportunities.
- Child development
- Social Work
- Non-profit management
- And more
Most volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of one 3-4 hour shift per week for 3-6 months.
We host nearly 25 one-time projects each year to broaden your perspective and benefit our programs for children, seniors, and people in recovery. We specialize in creating fun, direct-service experiences for small corporate groups that help you meet your goals, build team spirit, and leave a lasting impression on our community.
These projects receive rave reviews from volunteers for being fun and organized, from staff for introducing them to generous and enthusiastic community members, and from clients who are invigorated by new adventures and touched by knowing their neighbors care for them.
- Birthdays Bags: Create Birthday Bags with all the supplies families need to throw a birthday party.
- Honoring Elders: Adopt a full- or half-day project with elders at our Lambert House Adult Day Center and Marie Smith Center. Work with our staff to select and/or plan activities.
- Memory Books & Birthday Bags for Kids: : : Papercraft Memory Books teachers can personalize with photos as a keepsake for families when they leave services. Create a party in a bag for families to receive on their child’s special day.