Join VOA’s mission as an on-going volunteer and experience the sense of belonging and exhilaration that comes from connecting to others committed to making change in their lives and communities!
Your commitment will enable you to:
- Build life-changing relationships with vulnerable community members
- Make a direct impact on crucial social issues
- Gain direct experience with a broad range of human services
- Learn from a diverse professional staff
How do you see yourself getting involved?
CHILDREN AND FAMILY
- Help young children grow at our Family Relief Nursery
- Tutor/mentor children and young adults
- Support domestic violence survivors
TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION SERVICES
- Support those rebuilding their lives after addiction or incarceration
- Interact with and mentor clients
- Provide support to participants
- Development and fundraising
- Accounting and finance
- Marketing and communications
- Volunteer Services
We welcome interns at our programs. If you are studying one of these areas, contact us to learn more about our up-to-date opportunities.
- Child development
- Social Work
- Criminal Justice
- Gender Studies
- Nonprofit management
- And more!
Most volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of one 3-4 hour shift per week for 3-6 months.
We host nearly 25 one-time projects each year to broaden your perspective and benefit our programs. We specialize in creating fun, direct-service experiences for small corporate groups that help you meet your goals, build team spirit, and leave a lasting impression on our community.
These projects receive rave reviews from volunteers for being fun and organized, from staff for introducing them to generous and enthusiastic community members, and from clients who are invigorated by new adventures and touched by knowing their neighbors care for them.
- Birthdays Bags: Create Birthday Bags with all the supplies families need to throw a birthday party.
- Memory Books & Birthday Bags for Kids: Papercraft Memory Books teachers can personalize with photos as a keepsake for families when they leave services. Create a party in a bag for families to receive on their child’s special day.
- Gift Drive: Anyone can adopt one of our programs and gather & deliver items needed to provide support and comfort the people we serve. Visit the VOA Wishlist to get started!