Managing Dual Relationships
By the end of “Managing Dual Relationships,” participants will be able to:
- Articulate the pros and cons of dual relationships as they relate to their agency setting, professional identity and role, type of treatment, and model of practice;
- Describe the harmful impacts of conflicts of interest and explore what these look like in participant’s area of practice;
- Explore the hazards and benefits of social media to the helping relationship;
- Draft a statement about handling public encounters with clients, the potential for dual or multiple relationships, and avoidance of conflicts of interest, including a clear social media policy; and
- Understand the nature of sexual transference and underscore the prohibition on sexual relationships with clients.