STOP Court Drug Treatment Program
What is STOP Drug Treatment Court?
STOP stands for Sanction - Treatment - Opportunity - Progress. Drug courts provide an option to those with substance abuse problems and related criminal charges. Instead of incarceration and probation, individuals have the choice of participating in intensive substance abuse treatment with frequent court appearances in which the drug court judge monitors compliance. Compared to the usual way of managing substance abuse and criminal activity, drug courts have been shown to work better at reducing criminal behavior, and they cost less!
Location: 10564 SE Washington Street/Portland, OR 97216 (Free parking on site, near bus lines #15, 20, and 22, and the MAX green line)
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00-6:30, Friday 9:00-5:30, Saturday
Contact: 503-228-9229 or 503-810-4287 en Español
Connecting To Services: Referral by Multnomah County STOP Court required.
Clinical Services Provided:
- Assessment and evaluation
- We provide professional evaluation of treatment needs for Alcohol & Drug Dependence/Abuse, Mental Health, and Problem Gambling.
- Individual and group counseling
- Our groups include educational and process groups in a supportive environment.
- Naturopathic health evaluation and care
- Our clients have access to a team of health care providers who use naturopathic treatment modes to maintain good health and treat illness.
- Medication management
- Our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner provides evaluation and management of medications for mental health treatment.
- DUII treatment services
- InAct is a licensed DUII treatment provider for the state of Oregon.
- Case management and referrals to resources for housing, employment, and other services that remove barriers to treatment.
- Random urinalysis
Funding Sources: Multnomah County Department of Community Justice, U.S. Bureau of Justice Administration, Oregon Criminal Justice Commission, client fees, third-party insurance reimbursement.
News and Updates:
An NPR story highlights drug courts like STOP as a major budget
solution and an investment that saves the community money in the long
run. Click here for audio and the transcript.
For updated information and program news: Click on the InAct Logo below for the STOP Court Resource Page
Anthony Jordan, Program Director