Whether you're looking for a one-time project or an ongoing partnership, we welcome your group for a fun, family-friendly project.
perspective and see the impact you can make by learning about how VOA's
programs address social issues in our community... and feel the
satisfaction of completing a project in one day through teamwork!
Contact Volunteer Services to request the 2013 Project Calendar!
Here is one example of the projects currently awaiting adoption:
- Garden & Playground for Kids: Adopt one of several phases of installing a natural outdoor playground and garden for pre-schoolers at the Family Relief Nursery east campus to water, tend, harvest, and enjoy with their families. Flexible scheduling for groups early March through mid-May. All training and professional supervision provided!
- Alumni Celebration: Support the community of recovery at the Men's Residential Center by joining us for an afternoon food prep shift or evening event support shift on Saturday, May 11th. A warm welcome and shift oversight provided!
What you can expect:
- The tools, training, and support you need for a sense of accomplishment.
- Knowledge about what Volunteers of America does, how the program you are working with is changing lives, and how your service benefits our community.
- An understanding of how you can continue to make a difference, even after your project is complete.
We specialize in fun team-building for small corporate groups, that works with your goals, shows how a few hours make a lasting impact, and provides participants tangible ways to stay engaged in their community.
Click here to view several projects recently completed at our programs. Read about how past groups have benefited from projects by clicking on the articles on your left.
After you get to know VOA through a one-time event, we can explore partnering on a special project.
For all the groups that have recently shown their support, the following deserve special mention:
- VW Credit
- Metropolitan Senior Network
- Community Choice Financial / Cash & Go
- Green Building Services
- Home Builders Foundation
- Bank of America
- Heffernan Insurance
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- University of Portland
- Lewis & Clark
- Portland State University
- Mentor Graphics